We are starting a new series and we are SO excited to share it with you.
If you haven’t figured it out, this series is called “Why we love it!” We will be showing you all one of our favorite images, but not just the image itself, we will explain what it took to get to the final product and the story behind it.
This was our first wedding we EVER shot together and our first official wedding as a “professional photography company.” A couple of months earlier we had finalized our LLC as Anchor and Veil Photography LLC, and we couldn’t me more excited to finally shoot a wedding!
Andrew & Sarah are great friends of ours and and Andrew was my roommate when I first moved to Charlotte. They both now live in sunny Florida, completely jealous (or as a teenage girl once said to me on a cruise ship. “I’m jelly bro!”) Andrew is currently enlisted and bravely serving our country in the Army and every time I see a post about Sarah, she is relaxing on the beach while we freeze our butts off here in Charlotte.
Now. Let me tell you a couple of reasons why we LOVE this picture!
- This was one of our favorite images from the first wedding we shot together as a husband and wife team and as Anchor and Veil Photography LLC.
- We shot Andrew & Sarah’s Wedding at one of our favorite venues Winmock at Kinderton! (Here is Kasey & Mikes wedding I did here with Renee Sprink Photography)
- As we looked through all of the images, this was one of the first times I said “I LOVE THIS!” This image has this extremely complex, high impact look to it but at the same time gives a very timeless, romantic , and intimate feel! This image really started to give us a vision of what type of photography we wanted to capture for our clients.
- The combination of the rich contrast between the barn and the sky, her dress and his dress blues and that sun flare peeking over the barn, Drives. Me. Crazy!
- They did a first look so they were able to get away for a while before all of the craziness of the day took place and just share a moment. It was beautiful. This image barely does the emotions justice!
Here are the settings we used to capture this image.
- Camera: Canon 5D Mark II
- Lens: 24-70mm 2.8L
- Focal Length: 24mm
- ISO: 100
- Exposure: 1/200th second at f/6.3
- Flash: Did not fire
As we go through this series, we also want to give you a look at what the image looked like SOOC (Straight/Shot Out Of Camera) as well as the post processing and finished product.
This image didn’t need much. All we really needed to do was edit to the style we liked and cleaned it up a bit and ¡voilà!
Hope you enjoyed this and look forward to showing you more!