There is something about the moment between the moment. That moment right before the kiss and soon after. The moment when your guard is down because the photographer says “ok you can stop kissing now”. The moment when that embrace in his arms feels like the safest place in the world. Those are the moments we LOVE to capture.
Brian and Becca had their engagement session at the Sarah P. Duke Gardens. If you live anywhere near Durham, do yourself and favor and go on a couple of dates here! This place is incredible. It is like the Mecca of all date locations and if you are a photographer, this place is a gold mine! I felt like every 30 seconds we were stopping to take pictures at a new location within the gardens.
Now. Let me tell you a couple of reasons why we love this picture!
- We shot this in a Bamboo Forest. When will you EVER be able to say that again?
- Brian is one of my best friends, he was a groomsmen in my wedding and I was in his as well.
- Becca is From Australia and Brian’s family is from Jamaica. When you get an Australian and Jamaican together its a whole lot of fun. its like a Jamaican bobsled team from down under! haha.
- The emotion of this photo captivates you and draws you in.
- The Off camera flash allowed us to manipulate the light to create emotion and impact. Plus it was in the middle of a forest, a BAMBOO FOREST!
Here are the settings we used to capture this image.
- Camera: Canon 5D Mark II
- Lens: 50mm 1.4
- Focal Length: 50mm
- ISO: 320
- Exposure: 1/200th second at f/1.4
- Flash: Off Camera canon 580EX Speedlight, to the right about 8 feet away shot at 1/16th power, straight on.
Above is the final image. The original image taken was completely blurry but I loved the composition of it so we kept it. We took another image, cropped it and sized it to fit, made it black & white then photoshopped the two together. The wonderful things you can do with a vision!
Can’t wait to show you the next one!